Hey guys! I’m coming at you with another (yes, another) Netflix documentary! Whoop whoop! In my last blog post, I talked about a different documentary called Why Women Are Paid Less. The second documentary I watched today is called Athleisure.
I absolutely love athleisure wear. It’s practically the most comfortable style of clothing ever. It’s gotten very expensive but I like to get some of my athleisure wear from Tj Maxx, 90 degrees by Reflex, Aerie, and Nike. I wear more sporty outfits to school because I have PE every day and Dance every other day. So, it’s more convenient for me to come to school already in athletic wear. Anyways, I think you all know the drill by now, but I’m going to be sharing things I like about the documentary and things I learned.
Things I Liked:
- I like how the documentary compared today’s normal every day wear to back then’s every day wear. It shows how much fashion has drastically changed over the decades.
- I liked how the documentary explained how athletic wear became popularized especially among women and it shows the power of trendsetting.
Things I Learned:
- Back then, the quality and material of your clothing showed your social class.
- Activewear has become a market of almost $3 million.
- The word, Gymnasium comes from the Greek word
Gymnoswhich means naked because that’s how they exercised.
- When Gyms were segregated men from women, women started changing the way they dressed to make working out a lot easier.
- Celebrity athletes started to dress more casual which helped them to perform better. This became known as the term sportswear.
- When the tv was invented, celebrity athletes were starting to influence people because of the way they dressed which made athletic wear very popular.
- Hip pop celebrities influenced the term streetwear.
I hope you all found those little fun facts to be very interesting! I hope I have influenced some of you guys to watch some documentaries! Anyways, I hope you all had a great day! Please stay safe ❤️