This is the story of two totally different girls—
quiet, shy, artistic Emmie
popular, outgoing, athletic Katie
—and how their lives unexpectedly intersect one day, when an embarrassing note falls into the wrong hands. . . .
All the crushes, humiliations, boredom, and drama of middle school are compressed into one surprising day in this extraordinary novel.
I really, really enjoyed this book! The humor was really on point and for an extra bonus it’s a graphic novel! (I LOVE GRAPHIC NOVELS! ❤️)
Here’s an additional list of reasons why I truly adore this book:
- I love how the book alternated between the two main characters (Emmie and Katie).
- The writing style was fun – it felt like I was reading a diary.
- The illustrations made the book fun to read.
- The fonts in the book matched the characters. The font was small for Emmie because she is so shy and the opposite for Katie.
- I love Katie! I found her personality relatable to my own. (Gosh… can she come to life?! I think, I might like more ME in this world! 😂).
- The end of the book was a TOTAL SHOCKER!
Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to any middle schooler who is looking for a great laugh and who enjoys graphic novels!