For Pina Colada day (which was yesterday, July 10th), I decided to celebrate by making our own! Here’s my recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups of ice
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream (found in the hispanic foods section of grocer)
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks (including the juice from the pineapple chunks)
- 1 container of toasted coconut vanilla non-fat greek yogurt
- coconut milk and/or pineapple juice is optional (I chose not to put any in, but you surely can to add more flavor)
- blueberries and left over pineapple chunks for garnish
First you are going to add your 2 1/2 cups of ice to your blender. Then, add your coconut cream, pineapple chunks, and your yogurt. Blend until your desired thickness. Add coconut milk and pineapple juice if you wish. For garnish we used a tooth pick to do a kabob style using blueberries and pineapple chunks.
Here’s the finished product!
I hope you enjoy this super refreshing drink, and every time you take a sip, you’ll always think of paradise!