While I’m out of school for the next 2 weeks
This documentary was filmed in 2019 before the coronavirus broke out in China. Bill Gates stated that when the next pandemic happens, the world will not be prepared and look where we are today. It’s so ironic how he pretty much predicted that we would have another pandemic. Coincidence? I think not 😂.
Anyways, while currently facing the coronavirus pandemic right now, my mom thought that it would be interesting for me to learn more about pandemics and the impact that they have worldwide. I’m going to share some of the things that I’ve learned from watching and things that I liked about the documentary.
Heres some things I liked about the documentary:
- I liked how this documentary captured the severity of pandemics and the amount of people that it can impact.
- I like how the show talked about how there are so many viruses and bacteria that is waiting to strike and that can potentially become the cause of the next pandemic.
Things I didn’t know before:
- Viruses can combine to create a new virus making it hard to predict the next outbreak.
- First, there was the practice of quarantine, but as technology started developing, then came microscopes, antibiotics and then vaccines.
- Vaccines help to prevent illnesses by helping the immune system to create a strong immune response to fight off illnesses.
- Many viruses are carried by animals (ex. Swine-flu came from pigs) and through contact with these animals, the virus can easily be spread to humans.
This documentary was so interesting especially considering today’s circumstances. Now, I really understand why pandemics are so scary and why people are concerned about the coronavirus. I’ve never really experienced or understood pandemics but now that I’m older I understand better. I’m taking Biology and before School closed, we were talking about viruses and with a little bit of prior knowledge about viruses I can understand the concerns about the coronavirus.
I really do recommend that you watch this documentary on Netflix especially if you are confused. It’ll give you a better understanding of our current pandemic and what we can do to stop it. Also, please stay safe and don’t forget to wash your hands! ❤️