Hey guys! I’m back at it again with the documentaries! Today’s documentaries were very interesting because it talks more about how the brain works. I’m really into psychology and it could (potentially) be something that I want to be when I grow up. I’m really interested in how the mind works and how people think so my mom found The Mind Explained on Netflix and we watched the two first episodes which is Memory and Dreams. In this post, I will talk mainly about the Dreams episode. In my last post, I talked about the Memory episode so please go check that one out if you haven’t already!
Anyways, lets talk about dreams. Recently, I haven’t had any dreams or any that I can remember to say the least. From dreams that I’ve had in the past that I can kinda remember, they always have at least one person that I know in them. I’ve noticed that pattern and I don’t know what that means, but I also know that the brain is unable to create a new face. So, whenever you have a dream with people other than yourself in it, they are all people you know in reality. Like usual, I am going to share some things I liked about the documentary and things I learned.
Things I Liked:
- I loved the visuals throughout the documentary. It helped to me to understand some functions of the brain and what the brain does when we’re sleeping.
- I loved hearing the routine of this lady who can easily make herself lucid dreams and then she records everything she remembers in a journal. I thought that was really interesting and cool.
Things I Learned:
- Dreams are constructed from our memories.
- During the time we sleep, 1 out of 5 of the time we are dreaming.
- A long time ago, it was said and believed that dreams were messages from God.
- Objects, people, activities in our dream can symbolize something. They are projected to have some kind of meaning.
- Dreams can relate to real-life events.
- Children dream more about animals
- People who dream about teeth might have anxiety. People who dream about teeth falling out could symbolize death in your family or some kind of traumatic event.
I never really thought about how interesting dreams are. When you think about your dream you may start to wonder what your dream meant or how it may relate to your reality. It’s an overall super interesting concept.
Anyways, I hope you all are all doing well and continuing to stay safe ❤️