It’s been awhile since I have read a good book but recently I was on tik-tok and instagram and this book was trending. SO, I asked my mom about it (She’s literally the biggest reader I know) and she said that this was her favorite Colleen Hoover book, so I had to see what all the hype was about. Oh boy, I totally get it now! Let me also add, Colleen Hoover is a great author and I really enjoyed reading this book.
Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up
— she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.
Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.
As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan — her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.
Here’s 5 things I love about this book:
- It’s a story of love and finding the strength to do what’s right even if it’s an incredibly hard to do so.
- This book was honestly so hard to put down. I sat in my room for hours trying to finish this book because I needed to know what happened next! I love books that have me not wanting to put it down.
- The main character, Lily was unlike any other heroine I’ve ever read before and I couldn’t be prouder of how she took control of her life and the situation she found herself in.
- The overall message of this story is so subtle in the beginning that I didn’t even realize how significant it would later become. I thought, I knew what I was in for but clearly I didn’t because each page surprised me even more. It was fun getting to put all the pieces together.
- Up until the very end of the book, I had no idea how it was going to end. It made me anxious because I had no clue where it was going until the very last page. The anticipation was EVERYTHING!
There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.
Although, there’s so much more I could say about this book, I don’t want to possibly spoil anything and uncover the overall message because it is such an important part of the story. Such a beautiful and heartbreaking book. This is a must read! Colleen Hoover is such a stellar writer!
Leave a Reply