Happy August! How’s your summer been?! I can’t believe the countdown has officially begun to the start of school. I’m excited but nervous that this will be my last year of High School. This past month I haven’t done much leisure reading since I have been working on my college list and mapping out next year’s game plan, volunteering, and getting a job. So…I have decided to take a little bit of leisure time for myself every day and dedicate it to one of my favorite pastimes which is reading. Since I don’t have a lot of time, I will be enjoying mainly short reads. However, my two of reads will be tad bit longer than the rest – I am going on a road trip soon and I figured out a great way to fit them in – Rising Troublemaker by Luvvie Ajayi Jones and The Memo: What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table by Minda Harts by downloading the audiobooks and listening to one each way on my roundtrip journey. I’m SUPER excited I will have the opportunity to listen to both books and reading the others listed below.
- Rising Troublemaker: A Fear-Fighter Manual for Teens by Luvvie Ajayi Jones
- The Memo: What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table by Minda Harts
- Twelve Pillars by Jim Rohn & Chris Widener
- Ayiti by Roxane Gay
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History by Vashti Harrison
- Zikora by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Hero Code by Admiral William H. McRaven
- Close to the Bone (Widow’s Island Novella Book 1) by Kendra Elliot
- Evidence of the Affair by Taylor Jenkins Reed
- The Violin Conspiracy by Brenden Slocumb
I hope that this brings inspiration to those who are in a book rut or would like to read cause life is crazy and don’t have the time to. The things that we enjoy have to sometimes be done in moderation in order to get the stuff we have to get done – done. Bottom line: Make time for the things that you enjoy, that bring positivity, and happiness in your life.
Stay tuned for my reviews as well!
Leave a Reply